Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I'm here. I love hearing the birds sing in the middle of the night and early in the morning. I like walking but I'm tired of it and wish I could ever buy a car of my very own and afford to actually drive it places. As it is now, I would maybe get a car, unlikely, but it would sit in the parking lot because I got no money to insure it and to put gas in it. So, I might sit in the car and have somewhere to go besides my apartment, but that would be about it.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Got No Money Guide to Home Decorating

* You know houseplants are just fast growing weeds with a pot stuck under them.

* Houseplants are easier to hang than bankers but not near as much fun to watch.

* For 99 cents , you can glo-in-the-dark anything. Who needs fancy emergency lights and a generator for a storm? Put enough glo-in-the-dark paint around and you can't tell the difference.

* We glo-in-the-dark everything. We can find our shoes in the dark, our stove in the dark, my husband's privates in the dark.

* Don't say anything to my husband about the glo-in-the-dark privates thing. He never looks down at himself and I haven't told him.

* Plastic flowers in the window boxes were a great idea from a friend of mine, but we couldn't afford them. So, we put that idea with another problem we kept having and now our windows have really great dirty socks on a stick in the boxes. From the street, you can't tell anyway.

*No, they don't glo-in-the-dark. But, we could do that . . .

*My husband keeps asking what happened to all his socks. So you think I should tell him? He can't divorce me. We don't have any money.

1 Comments:

Blogger ISAY said...

Hello,
I saw your posting on Craigslist and looked at your art. I'm afraid I'm not enthusiastic about it. The most interesting to me is the one with the doorway, and I don't know whether I'd like it if I could see it at real size or not. That being said, I'm a textile designer with only one Photshop course under my belt, enough to realize that I would have some difficulty in reproducing any of them. Also, I've been trying to learn to watercolors and haven't considered any of mine good enough to even expose them to anyone but family. I have two blogs at blogspot, too. They don't have art on them. One is about an arts residency I just finished so I will be taking it in a new direction. The other is about the experience of emigrating from the US to the UK.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home